Cover photo

Cover photo

Friday, September 11, 2015

Challah!!! (French toast)

After a challenging week, sometimes all you need is some good old fashioned comfort food. My mama used to make challah french toast, and so this morning it seemed like the perfect thing to do. It's really easy and there is nothing like the smell of cinnamon and vanilla roaming through your house.  Leave it to me to make this with out having syrup, which of course I did, but trust me, it didn't even need it.  

Challah French Toast
Challah (I had raisin challah on hand)
6 eggs
1 cup of milk 
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 teaspoon of honey

Place the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and honey in a baking dish.  


Whisk together all ingredients




Soak the bread on each side for about 2 minutes.




Place on a hot griddle and cook until golden on both sides. (Make sure to let the excess egg mixture drip off first.  As you can see I did not do this and made a mess of my pan.) 



All I have to say is, YUM!