Cover photo

Cover photo

Monday, October 12, 2015

Pumpkin (sorry Calvin) Cornbread Muffins

If you're like me, then on your day off you get out of bed at 5:30am (for your sake, I hope you're not like me). After attempting to keep myself entertained by reading for awhile, I needed a new activity. So this morning I am experimenting and making pumpkin cornbread muffins. I'm sure Calvin will be thrilled;). 
 


Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins


Dry ingredients:
1 and 1/4 cup of cornmeal
1 cup of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of salt 



Wet ingredients:
1 egg slightly beaten
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil or butter 
3/4 cup of canned pumpkin 
1/2 cup of honey 


Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees and line a muffin tin with paper liners.

In a large bowl sift together all of the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients. 

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and stir until just combined. 
 

Scoop the mixture into your paper liners (I use a cookie scoop because it guarantees the muffins are similar in size and it seems to be the easiest and cleanest method). 
 


Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.