Cover photo

Cover photo

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Whipped Coconut Oil Body Cream

After days and days in the sun, my skin has been incredibly dry. Most lotion is packed with all sorts of chemicals and harmful ingredients.  But I have never been able to just use straight up oil, so here is my compromise.  Whipping solid coconut oil completely changes the texture. It is delightful!  I am using it for myself, but it makes a great gift as well.  You can mix it up with any essential oils to add fragrance if you like.  Today, I used grapefruit essential oil, but you could use lavender, peppermint, lemon or anything else. 


Whipped Body Cream
1 cup SOLID coconut oil
15 drops Grapefruit essential oil
1 tablespoon of almond oil (you can skip this, or use olive oil instead)






Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl.  Using a hand mixer, whip the ingredients for at least 5 minutes, or until you get a texture that you like.  You can adjust the amount of essential oil you use if you want more or less fragrance.  Place the fluffy delightfulness in a jar, and store at room temperature.