Cover photo

Cover photo

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sinful Chocolate Chip Cookies

I wish I could take credit for this recipe, but sadly, I cannot. I will however gladly share the link and give all the credit to Elizabeth Falkner (the brilliant pastry chef).




These cookies are a favorite to many friends.  I bring them to Sunday football with the boys and to anyone hosting a dinner party.  Today though, these cookies are going to a surprise birthday party for our friend Leslie.  Leslie LOVES these cookies, so I felt like I couldn't show up without a batch for the birthday boy.  

Here are the steps so you can see the recipe in action.  The only thing I change is that I don't use brown sugar, I use regular granulated sugar and add some molasses (it's cheaper and a jar of molasses lasts FOREVER).  I just eyeball how much to use, but if you want to measure you need about a tablespoon of molasses for every cup of sugar.  These cookies freeze incredibly well.  Seal them in a freezer bag to enjoy any time! I've made these cookies with gluten-free flour lots of times too (just replace 1/4 cup of flour with 1/4 cup of arrowroot starch).



The texture of the cookies is so much better when you cream the butter and sugar by hand.  It's good for your arms too ;).




I usually hate kitchen gadgets with only one use, but I can make an exception for my cookie scoop.  It makes life so much easier. 






http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chocolate-chip-cookies-straight-up-or-with-nuts-recipe.html